MS164 – Workshop Technician
Location: Romsey, Hampshire
Salary: £11 – £14 per hour
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Workshop Technician on behalf of one of our Clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that Diesel powered pumps, plant machinery and equipment are checked, maintained, serviced, repaired stored and issued in line with policies and procedures.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out pre delivery inspections & servicing of plant & equipment & ensures that records are updated accordingly.
- Diagnoses and rectifies technical faults/ breakdowns
- Takes part in projects as and when requested to so by the Workshop Team Leader or Contracts Director.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained, serviced and correctly stored.
- Following the workshop procedures and play a part in ensuring that the workshops and yard are kept orderly.
- Supporting the teams on breakdowns and or deliveries as well as taking turns on the duty technical support rota.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Someone with an Engineering background.
- Someone happy to occasionally stay away from home.
- Experience of diesel fitting & maintenance.
- An understanding / practical experience of basic electrical systems as well as fabrication / engineering techniques such as welding, grinding, turning etc.
- Must be physically fit & able to work in all weathers.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential preferably with the ability to tow.
- Ability/licence to drive a forklift truck (desirable).
- CSCS and/or CCNSG cards (desirable).