JM54: Workshop Manager
Salary: £very competitive
The successful candidate will be responsible for the products, services and employees within the workshop.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Plan, organise and deliver – Ensure workshop activities including equipment repair, refurbishment, storage and other workshop services arising from individual Division projects. These activities will primarily be at our clients facility, but sometimes to be completed at customer’s premises.
- Health & Safety – H&S objectives are communicated to the team, ensure continued H&S performance and provide resources and training for the Workshop, in line with the company’s H&S Management System.
- Communication – To be responsible for providing progress meetings and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of project updates
- Staff – Recruit, assess, develop and manage Workshop staff in line with company policies and resource planning requirements.
- Project Management – For Workshop services sold internally & outside of our client, manage the process from enquiry through to invoicing.
- Support – Support the formulation and development of budgets, strategic plans and related action plans for the Construction Division.
- Estimating – Coordination and manage the estimating ‘Bid Process’ for the Services and Products defined within the our clients Value Proposition.
- Forecast Management – Be responsible in conjunction with the Operations Manager for reviewing the work pipeline.
- Customer Relations – Manage and issues originating from the Workshop & Yard, supporting the business activities of our client and in line with New Heights values.
- Development – Lead and deliver continuous improvement in the operations and processes within the Workshop, with specific focus on quality, safety, cost and efficiency.
- Budget Management – Deliver on revenue and gross margin targets set for the Workshop activities.
- Record Keeping – Monitor and report, as needed, on the performance, both non-financial and financial, of the Workshop.
- Spare Parts – Support the spares team with product support & manage direct staff involved with Goods In, Stores, Pick Pack and Despatch.
- Ongoing own personal development.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Organisational and Planning Skills.
- Good written skills.
- Well organised with a high attention to detail.
- Basic IT Skills with Word & Excel.
- Knowledge of the Construction industry.
- Flexible attitude to working hours to allow the Team to meet its customer commitments and targets.
- +3 years experience
- Proven developer of business in an industry demonstrating development & implementation of growth strategies.
- Proven success in technical skills within construction, industrial, access &/or capital equipment preferred.
- Dynamic self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Can demonstrate technical learning and development in a complex environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills, both written and verbal.
- Process-oriented with focus on continuous improvement.
- Analytical by nature, robust and fact-based in decision-making.
- IT literate with both MS Office and Salesforce experience and be fully conversant with PowerPoint.