JA833 – Workshop Foreman
Location – Aintree
Salary – £Competitive – DOE
Working hours – Negotiable
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Foreman to join our client’s logistics business in Aintree. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing daily workshop operations as well as the staff members who carry out service and repairs to the company vehicle fleet.
A Workshop Foreman is entrusted with running a productive workshop, which means that the space must be clean and safe, with working equipment as well ensuring that all staff carry out their tasks to the required standard. The Workshop Foreman must be extremely organized, as they are required to keep meticulous records of inventory, work orders, maintenance and repair schedules and employee records.
- To monitor job status against required completion times.
- To organise overtime as required to meet workload demands.
- To communicate with management when completion times will or will not be met.
- Maintain control systems for all departmental resources, financial, material and personnel.
- Continuously monitor Service levels and take corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure that premises and equipment are maintained to a high standard of repair.
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are met.
- To hold staff briefings for all staff on a regular basis at intervals.
- Assistance with any other task as directed.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a qualified Fitter/Mechanic/Engineer
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Organization skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Committed to providing high quality work.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- PC literate