FC44 – Warehouse Manager
Location – Solihull
Salary – £24,000 to £28,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – a well-established team of recreational surface specialists – to recruit a Warehouse Manager to join their team in Solihull.
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for the daily picking and packing for projects and for unloading and safely stacking incoming deliveries from suppliers.
The candidate must have a valid FLT license and keep this up to date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading and off-loading vans.
- Cleaning mixers, running mixers, check working order of mixers.
- Computer literate.
- Stock count.
- Record daily stock returns.
- Delivering and collecting stock as required.
- Preparing and keeping stock of samples.
- General maintenance and housekeeping of warehouse.
- Advise office when any stock levels are low.
- Logging tools out and signing back in on their return.
- Must not allow teams to get their own stock from the warehouse.
- Take control when teams arrive back at warehouse all at one and want loading all at once.
- Off-loading containers efficiently within time frames to avoid demurrage charges.
- Check wear and tear on vans and report any issues.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Finance Manager ensuring effective stock is monitored via daily stock check lists and a monthly stock take.
- The WM must ensure all projects have the required materials detailed on the daily picking sheets provided by the Project Management team.
- Ensure all plant including mixers and hand tools are in a working condition.
- To effectively recruit new starters and train existing staff have the required knowledge and understanding of all company solutions.
- The WM is to be a beacon of good practice and take responsibility for health and safety, actively participating in the maintenance and improvement of the overall Company Health and Safety culture.
- Effectively implement and monitor the company’s Health & Safety policy and associated procedures, championing a good Health & Safety environment.
- Be vigilant and actively look for vehicle issues within the fleet of vans.
- To look for and suggest ways of improving the performance of the company and products.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by the OM.
- Attend management meetings and provide detailed information as is required.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience within a similar role in a large warehouse.
- Must have a valid FLT license and keep it up to date.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people.
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
In return our Client offers:
- A starting salary of £24,000 to £28,000 dependant on experience.
- A 9am-5pm working week, warehouse based in Solihull 9some flexibility may be needed as some deliveries may be outside of these hours).
- 4 weeks holiday and pension.