AR146 – Tyre Fitter / Labourer
Salary: £19,000 – £24,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Tyre Fitter / Labourer on behalf of one of our clients.
Based at the New/Used Equipment Prep Centre in Co you will carry out general labourer’s duties, including tyre fitting, general warehouse, workshop and yard housekeeping tasks. All activities are to be carried out in accordance with current best practice guidelines and to be compliant with the company Health and Safety, Quality policies.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work safely and in accordance with the company Health and Safety policy standards.
- To always portray a good image of both yourself and the company, always wearing the company uniform where issued.
- To change & fit industrial tyres on request and assist with tyre stock control and monitoring.
- To have overall responsibility for the yard and warehouse spaces on a day to day basis.
- To ensure the yard, warehouse and mezzanine are kept clean and tidy.
- To carry out visual inspections of all trucks being received into Equipment Preparation Centre and complete Goods Receiving Notification (GRN) documentation in line with the company’s procedures.
- To identify any damage to either trucks or goods being received and notifying the workshop manager accordingly.
- To carry out the safe unloading/loading of trucks or goods from both internal and external transport vehicles.
- To ensure all trucks and goods are stored on site safely and in a way to optimise space utilisation.
- To ensure all trucks or goods loaded for despatch are complete and are as per the collection documentation.
- To work with the workshop manager and workshop supervisor to ensure trucks and any ancillary equipment are made available for the workshop team or third-party contractors in advance of them being required.
- To receive completed trucks from the workshop team, park them in a safe place in the warehouse and mark them as ‘Ready, awaiting collection’.
- As and where required, assist members of the workshop team with truck or ancillary equipment movements or installations.
- To carry out a monthly stock count and assist the workshop manager with any stock discrepancies.
- To assist the workshop manager in devising and implementing a robust method and system to receive, store, issue, manage and control stock. Once a system is in place manage the stocks accordingly.
- To carry out weekly walk round inspections of the warehouse and yard completing the relevant weekly check sheets.
- To carry out weekly fire system and emergency lighting tests and complete the documentation required.
- To ensure any defects found with the building or equipment are reported immediately to the workshop manager.
- To perform any general building maintenance which may include decorating some areas from time to time.
- To provide cover for the other labourers at the other site as and when instructed by the workshop manager.
- To participate in any training deemed necessary by the company.
- As and when required, show new employees (including apprentices) the Goods Receiving process, and assist them with product familiarisation across the range of products.
- To perform any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time within the scope of your knowledge, skills and ability.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Good communication skills with the ability to accurately complete paperwork.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Willingness to learn and attend training courses.
Salary: £19,000 – £24,000