MM583 – Trials Engineer
Location – North London
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Trials Engineer to join their team in North London. Our client is a world class technology company providing cutting edge solutions.
The Trials Engineer is required within the Security Solutions business to assist with the development and delivery of company and customer funded security projects based upon the radar and optronics technology.
Activities will include Bid Support, Demonstration of the system to interested parties/customers in the UK and overseas, and system integration. Additional responsibilities will include Setting up customer equipment in the installation location and feeding back any issues noted during trials and customer demonstrations to the development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Trials and Testing activities to characterise and prove system capabilities
- Demonstrate live radar equipment and systems to potential customers in the UK and overseas.
- Create Trials plans for the evaluation of system improvements.
- Create visit reports for all trials and demonstration activities.
- Record and distribute data collected from trials activities and liaise with the responsible engineers
- Conduct UAV flights in accordance with CAA regulations within the UK and overseas to aid research and development.
- Deliver and commission systems to customers within the UK and overseas.
- Produce requirement and test specifications for use with new products and customer contracts.
- Where required conduct Factory Acceptance/Site Acceptance Trials
- Assist in the evaluation of new technology and methods beneficial to the Company’s interests and support future business requirements.
- Fault find on equipment in the field and new equipment.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice
- Liaise with Subcontractors to evaluate and select additional equipment required for particular systems
- Provide training to customers and internal users on the use and maintenance of the equipment.
- Create software bug requirements and generate new requirements for system functionality.
- Test software releases and Jira requirements.
- Any other task associated with this role.
- The successful applicant will be computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed and well presented technical proposals and specifications.
- An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Previous experience in customer facing roles is required.
- An understanding of a range of engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical) is required.
- Experience in Computer Networking, Camera Systems & Power supplies would be an advantage.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
- Expected to show motivation and initiative in planning their own activities so as to achieve timely and effective results with little supervision.
- A confident manner and smart appearance is required, with the ability to communicate clearly within the company at all levels and with customers whose first language may not be English.
Ideally qualified to Degree level or in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
- The ability to walk 300-400 metres with to a tool kit, possible weight of 10 Kilos
- The ability to walk up the equivalent of 10 flights of stairs, then could be a further 10 metres on a ladder
- Able to work at heights could be up to 40 metres
- Able to harness yourself to the mast and commence service activities
- The ability to work in tight spaces, needing to twist and maneuver your body
In view of the intrinsic requirement of this role, HSC guidelines recommend regular medical checks via Occupational Health, to ensure the safety and well being of the employee. The Company will advise the employe