JA739 – TOOLING, SETTING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Location – Huntingdon
Salary – Competitive
We are currently recruiting in conjunction with our client for a Tool Setter to join their manufacturing team in Huntingdon. They are a world-class manufacturer of high-performance pipe seals and gaskets using injection moulding, compression moulding and extrusion. The successful candidate will support active supervision of shop floor employees and to assist in driving improvement culture in areas of productivity, quality, safety, and responsiveness.
- To advise and assist with the adherence to appropriate work schedules.
- Ensure tooling is prepared and able to support Production in accordance with proposal/policy/information.
- Ensure tools are set accurately and safely, to meet production requirements.
- Manage, maintain, and recommend behaviours which facilitate good quality product all the time.
- Develop awareness of issues affecting tooling performance, behaviour, etc. and report where necessary e.g., housekeeping and paperwork.
- Ensure relevant MIS pack where available is placed on the appropriate board.
- Assist and advise operators as to best working practices.
- To generally acquaint with all Company policies, procedures, standards, and programmes.
- Reduce downtime of equipment.
- Promote workplace cleanliness and good working practices.
- Promote team working throughout the site.
- By smart practice promote efficient mould changes.
Skills and Experience
- Team working and the promotion of continuous improvement.
- To manage the moulding and tooling functions within Production.
- Provide a technical service to the Production Department in respect of moulding and other processing problems.
- Assist with sampling and product/process developments.
- Investigate and implement new and modified processing methods.
- To ensure that new moulds or existing moulds on different presses are acceptable to both Production and Quality Assurance Departments with the structures reflecting optimum conditions.
The changing nature of the Company’s business means that you may, from time to time, be asked to perform roles outside your original Job Specification to allow the Company to utilise its personnel in the best possible way at all times and to help employees to make their contribution to the changing environment.