EJ710 – Technical Manager
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Technical Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however candidates from all backgrounds will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educated to HND level or equivalent and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of general manufacture and maintenance of electrical and mechanical products.
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring all servicing, repairs and testing work is carried out in a timely fashion, logging and inputting data to be communicated to the various departments via a central online system.
- Manage the Health & Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements of the organisation in relation to the Technical Department.
- Deliver against all maintenance activities onsite including preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance as well as overcoming technical problems and issues following Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques.
- Demonstrate strong capability in any one or more of the following areas: Assessment and Diagnostics, Maintenance, Calibration or Instrumentation.
- Multi Skilled (Electrical & Mechanical) skills would be preferred however a majority bias to one or the other would also be considered.
- To demonstrate an understanding of electrical and mechanical production equipment including petrol, diesel and dual fuel (propane) powered generators, various battery powered equipment, Electric Winches & Hoists (up to industrial capabilities), LED Vehicle Lighting Systems, pumps, centrifuges and pressure reducing sets etc would be highly beneficial.
- IT literate including Microsoft, Sage and CMS systems.
- To plan and support and motivate the team to deliver on operational KPI’s.
- Strong people management skills.
- To maintain a concise library of common faults and ensure all records are kept up to date.
- Be the lead on communications with the manufacturers to support the general day to day running of the department
- To develop a maintenance support plan (videos, you tube etc) for common faults to support distributors and end users to self-diagnose and repair products.
- To be on hand to answer queries from distributors and end users in a timely manner under strict KPI’s.
- Supervise the team on a day-to-day basis, undertaking regular team meetings and QC checks.
- Ensuring all work complies with all Regulatory and Legal requirements and internal procedures, as well as supporting management and providing monthly reports where required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- G.C.S.E Maths and English grade ‘C’ or above (or equivalent).
- Excellent customer/client service skills.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office/Sage 50 Stock Control/stock management.
- Mentoring/Management experience in an operational environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills.
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000