MM581 – Systems Engineer
Location – North London
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Systems Engineer to join their team in North London. Our client is a world class technology company providing cutting edge solutions.
The Security Solutions business produces integrated security solutions to Critical National infrastructure, Border Forces, and Militaries all around the world. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the integration of sensors and subsystems across the entire lifecycle, from bids to delivery. The Systems Engineer will liaise with multiple departments and entities within the group, and external suppliers, to define systems and their interfaces, working with other departments within the company to ensure integration of multiple sensors into a solution, and working with software teams to define the functionality required. Generation of technical bids, designing networked multi-sensor systems, defining hardware and software changes and delivering a suite equipment to be installed are all part of the Systems Engineer’s responsibility. The Systems Engineer will ensure that the delivered system is compliant to internal or external customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security Solutions business
- Technical support to Business development, including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into the company system designs.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
- Assist in the development and specification of software features where required to meet system requirements
- The Ideal candidate will have experience in handling complex engineering projects using a variety of sensors as inputs, defining the network interconnections and the appropriate systems to meet the customer requirements, and signing off the requirements against the final system design. They will be focussed on delivering projects on time and to specification and have a track record of doing so. They should also be familiar with all aspects of the systems engineering lifecycle and be capable of demonstrating that capability.
- Knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Knowledge Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Proven experience of working on multiple complex engineering programmes for both internal development (PV) and customer projects
- Good Knowledge of the Use of DOORS and Jira in order to track compliance to requirements and ensure accurate traceable completion of projects.
- Good commercial/business awareness.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge Radar, RF devices, Communications systems, Networking or electro-optical camera solutions would be an advantage.
- Degree level qualification in Engineering / Mathematics / Science subject (or equivalent relevant experience)
In Return our client offer