Under the general supervision of the line manager, to be responsible for providing an efficient service in respect to all aspects of the building control and additional services functions. This role would be ideal for applicants that have a background in construction.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities;
• To be responsible for the competent checking of deposited plans to ensure likely compliance with the Building Regulations.
• To be responsible for conducting site inspections of works in progress to ensure that building projects comply with Building Regulations
• To undertake statutory consultations as required – with fire and water authorities and structural engineers
• To proactively promote and maintain good customer relations at every point of contact
• Liaising with and reporting to Clients
• All employees are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Have excellent organisational skills
• Motivated self-starter and ability to manage own workload and be an effective team player
• Must have a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle
• Professional attitude and approach to work
• Must have excellent written, verbal presentation and communication skills.
• Must have technical skills required to understand and propose service solutions by focussing on client requirements.
• Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.