First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Stores Assistant on behalf of one of our clients.
To expedite delivery of required materials to finalise production orders.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Stores Assistant:
- First shop floor point of contact for materials shortages/issues.
- Monitor shop floor shortages, maintain the shortage sheet, order materials and expedite deliveries.
- Pre-progress works orders prior to their delivery date in order to expedite any delinquent deliveries to obtain the best delivery date possible.
- Monitor works orders and advise production whether the specified kit dates are achievable. This will necessitate interrogating reports generated by the purchasing team and then liaising with buyers, Goods In/Stores and suppliers to deliver accurate information.
- Progress outstanding purchase orders with direct contact with suppliers.
- Monitor and progress programmed parts as required.
- Work within Goods-in during busy periods.
- In addition, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.