Sports Events Services Coordinator
DC324 – Sports Event Services Coordinator
Location – Congleton
Salary – £Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Sports Event Services Coordinator to join their team in Congleton. Our client provides timing, sporting displays, equipment, and fulfilment services to a range of sporting events in the UK and internationally. Events range from Running to Cycling, Motorsport to Equestrian, and TV shows including Top Gear and The Guinness World Records.
The Sports Event Services Coordinator will take an active role in planning, coordinating, and setting up the effective delivery of a range of sporting events, and preparing specialised timing data and equipment to fulfil event timing requirements. On-the-job and office-based training will be provided but you will be expected to ‘hit the ground running’.
The role does include some long days, weekend work, and overnight stays. Busy periods in the sporting events sector usually range from April to October. Weekend work is required as part of the role, along with early starts and occasional evenings. During busy periods you may be required to work up to 7 weekends. During quiet periods, weekend work would not usually be applicable. Throughout non-event periods, general office and warehouse duties inclusive of equipment maintenance, site visits, and general administration duties will be undertaken.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with customers on a regular basis both pre and post event.
- Ensuring all relevant event details are obtained and customer expectations are met throughout.
- Compiling and completing accurate event documentation in line with company processes, to ensure all event requirements are met.
- Planning and organising the logistical requirements for an event, including preparing and testing equipment, packing vans, and ensuring relevant safety checks are completed before use.
- Communicating with internal staff and freelancers regarding event arrangements, e.g. dates, times, equipment, and locations.
- Supporting and managing events, with the ability to think on your feet and problem solve.
- Leading teams to ensure a professional, organised, and safe set up for an event.
- Completing the derig of an event in the same manner.
- Providing technical support throughout and resolving any queries.
- Obtaining entrant data and populating databases ready for event day.
- Compiling, analysing, and uploading results as required.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety procedures are implemented.
- Carrying out ongoing equipment maintenance.
- Undertaking general office and warehouse duties, as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar events role/environment [highly desirable].
- IT Support/Technical or IT Engineer background (TCP/IP, SQL, Databases) [desirable].
- Engineering or technical background [desirable].
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and computers.
- A positive, enthusiastic, flexible, and friendly attitude.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as working alone.
- Planning and time management with a methodical, logical work ethic.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Able to communicate proficiently with staff internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to undertake numerous tasks, with a helpful approach to completing a variety of ad hoc job requirements.
- Clean and valid driving licence required [essential].
- An interest or involvement in sporting events (Running, Cycling, Motorsports, Equestrian).
- Forklift / Trailer licence [desirable].
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Office days – 9.00am to 5.00pm with a daily lunch break of 30 minutes.
- 20-day holiday entitlement (January – December) excluding bank holidays and 1-week leave during Christmas / New Year.
- Nationwide travel (potentially some International).
- Company pension scheme
- Being part of a brilliant team, exciting niche sector and positively evolving company.