DC388 – Software Developer
Location – Huddersfield
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a creative, free thinking Software Developer to join their team in Huddersfield.
Our client is an established software company looking to bolster their existing products and develop new ones. They have a long-standing existing product written primarily in Delphi with some .NET and Java components that requires ongoing maintenance and development, but they are also embarking on a major new journey that will require the latest technology and development tools. The successful candidate will be a Software Developer that would relish the opportunity to have a real impact on the company and their customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing both the existing product (bug fixes / enhancements) and new products.
- Managing your own workload, prioritising tasks, and knowing when to involve the team for support.
- Writing code, modifying software to fix errors / improving its performance, or upgrading interfaces, as well as working on new software products.
- Documenting your work, including code level comments, git logs, and time recording.
- Being involved in external communication involving clients – this may involve emails, telephone calls or occasional online meetings.
- Developing and supporting all company products – this may include directly liaising with the client and assisting our in-house support team in resolving issues with products.
- Modifying the product suite to fix errors, adapt it to new infrastructure, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces and integrations.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues, including software system design and maintenance.
- Developing and implementing software solutions for the existing product.
- Developing and implementing software solutions for new products.
- Producing and maintaining code level comments and documentation.
- Communicating effectively and appropriately with internal staff and stakeholders.
- Working as part of a friendly team on large projects.
- Managing your own projects.
Skills and Experience:
- A good working knowledge of C# or an equivalent language (the existing application is primarily Delphi, although training in that area can be provided if required).
- Experience with Java (Android Development) would be beneficial.
- Experience with .NET in an Azure environment would be beneficial.
- A good working knowledge of relational databases.
- Able to design and construct SQL queries.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- A methodical and analytical mind.
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive mind.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary, based on experience.
- Other benefits.