Skilled Operative [Machining]
DC416 – Skilled Operative [Machining]
Location – Broxburn
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Skilled Operative to join their Machining team in Broxburn.
Reporting to the Assistant Production Manager, the Skilled Operative will manually machine butt welded fittings by machining weld bevels, ensuring all products conform with clients’ machining specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of horizontal borers and vertical boring machines.
- Carry out in-process inspection.
- Record dimensional on inspection documentation.
- Highlight any non-conformity to supervision.
- Meet production targets.
Skills and Experience:
- Be able to work manual boring machinery (essential).
- Fully time-served in any engineering trade with machining experience (essential).
- Experience in a heavy engineering environment.
- Experience in hot metal processes (desirable).
- Fully conversant with working to technical drawings.
- Must have served an engineering apprenticeship (essential).
In return our client offers:
- A competitive hourly rate of pay.
- A 37-hour working week.
- Rotating shift pattern of a week of Day Shift / week of Night Shift, Monday to Thursday (37 hours per week).
- Night shift bonus, and all overtime paid at time-and-a-half.