Site Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)
EY101 MEICA Site Engineer
Salary: £45,000 per Annum DOE
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Site Engineer.
Whilst the role has an electrical bias, you will be expected to have an understanding of both mechanical and processing systems.
The day-to-day activities of this role will involve travelling to a client’s site and carrying out testing and the commissioned work required for that particular project, including associated paperwork.
You will be part of a mechanical and electrical team and assist all trades when required.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Site Engineer:
- Assist in the production of P&ID’s, technical reports, compliance plans, control philosophies, commissioning plans, commissioning manuals, O&M manuals and other project specific paperwork as required.
- Capable of working at heights and in confined spaces in industrial environments.
- Carry out and supervise various MEICA installation, testing, commissioning and refurbishment works on existing water company sites in accordance with the project requirements and programme.
- Complete required paperwork for each project and compile reports to demonstrate installation, testing and commissioning work has been carried out successfully, accurately and on time.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies, procedures and work instructions including commitment to working with the company to achieve its OH&S, environmental and quality objectives and using the correct PPE at all times.
- Inspect, survey, identify faults, carry out works and test MEICA systems.
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from drawings, specifications and standards.
- Liaison with the Project Manager, Commissioning Manager and procurement teams to ensure the correct implementation of project and client specific requirements as well as correct purchase of plant and equipment.
- Provide assistance and support to the design, installation and commissioning teams as required.
- Read, understand, produce and follow risk assessments and method statements.
- Specify job requirements and the parts, equipment, materials needed as well as compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers and take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and all others under your control.
- To work as part of a team and to cooperate with other staff and trades.
- Utilise design drawings, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
- Work in the company workshops as required.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously if required.
- Work outside and on sites that convey sewage as well as drinking water and comply with the necessary hygiene standards.
- Work on client sites across the region – you will be required to work away from home and stay overnight during the week subject to the project location and in accordance with the project needs. You may be required to undertake paid overtime as required, particularly when working away.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ related experience post qualification in MEICA installation, testing and commissioning, preferably in the UK water sector.
- 18th Edition (preferable).
- City & Guilds 2391 Test and Inspection (advantageous).
- CSCS / ECS Gold card or can easily obtain one (preferable).
- Engineering qualification (degree / HND / BTEC) or Apprenticeship in relevant trade.
- EUSR clean water card (preferable).
- Valid UK driving licence (essential).
- Confined spaces training (preferable).
- Control and automation experience (advantageous).
- Able to work well in a team, supervise others and give as well as take instruction.
- Emergency first aid or First Aider (preferable).
- Excellent health and safety knowledge and application.
- PC literate with good communication skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude with flexible approach to work and ability to work on own initiative.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Willingness to learn and undertake training as required.
- 28 days holi