DC382 – Site Engineer
Location – near Leeds
Salary – £28,000 to £35,000 + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – an award-winning steel structures contractor – to recruit an experienced Site Engineer to join their team near Leeds in North Yorkshire. Working alongside a carefully selected supply chain, our client offers far more than the manufacture and supply of steel structures. Their scope of works includes engineered timber, tensile fabric, structural glazing, and feature lighting. This allows them to offer a comprehensive design and build solution to main contractors, direct clients, and local authorities throughout the United Kingdom that makes them truly stand out from the crowd.
Working across design, manufacture and install, this specialist sub-contractor puts passion and professionalism above all else, and they are looking for individuals with a true passion for construction and innovative design. The Site Engineer role is a combination of office and site working. As part of the Contracts Department, the Site Engineer will be working closely with the Project Managers and Drawing Office to undertake the coordination, setting out, surveying during assembly, and recording of as-built information on a wide variety of projects. You will be expected to travel throughout the UK to both meetings and sites, and you will also be expected to work some unsociable hours.
The company also offers the right individual an opportunity for career development, with possibilities of expansion into Site and Project Management. Ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working from drawings both electronic and hard copy to establish setting out coordinate information.
- Working with Project Managers and Draughtsmen to establish setting out and survey requirements for individual projects.
- Programming and inputting coordinate data into electronic measurement equipment (Total Station) in preparation for use.
- Setting out using electronic measurement equipment (Total Station) for temporary works, trial assembly of structures and as-built surveys, both in the factory and on sites throughout the UK.
- Record and collate survey data for use by the drawing office for comparison against theoretical.
- Comply with current Health & Safety legislation and requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge relevant to the project.
- Previous experience within the architectural/structural steel work sector.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability.
- Previous experience with electronic measurement equipment (Total Station) [essential].
- Technical knowledge and use of electronic drawing software such as AutoCAD.
- Good IT skills, and the ability to work with Microsoft Office 365 (including Word, Excel and others).
- Willingness to work away from home when required.
- Hardworking, good time keeping.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work well as an individual but also with others as part of a team.
- Full UK Driving Licence [essential].
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary of £28,000 to £35,000.
- A supportive working environment.
- 25 days annual leave plus English Statutory Holidays.
- Inclusion into the Company pension scheme (after a probationary period).
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle.
- Reimbursement of expenses (whilst on company business).