Service Manager (MHE)
AR372 – Service Manager (MHE)
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking Service Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills at all levels and Management experience in the service industry.
Our client strongly encourages applications from ex-military personnel however, all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fleet spend / Parts Authorisation
- Ensure PM schedules are issued to engineers, monitor PM Performance and ensure none are significantly overdue (+4 weeks’ maximum).
- Ensure all financial targets are achieved
- Technical support
- Identify training requirements/Recommendations
- Inspection & accuracy of Job Sheet
- Support Coordinators – Monitor diaries/workload
- Responsible for 24hr callout facility
- Oversee Engineers activity
- To ensure LTR/STR fleet are maintained within budget for both labour and parts
- Liaise with Parts Department to ensure that parts are obtained within acceptable timescales and that parts authorisation procedure is adhered to.
- Ensure that Job Sheets are completed to company standards and that times/information is accurate
- Ensure that Timesheet & Job-sheet Audit Procedure is strictly adhered to
- Ensure that all Daily, Weekly & Monthly reports are completed on a timely basis
- Oversee preparation of customer estimates for all chargeable repairs, including where necessary visiting customers to discuss estimates.
- Oversee/Monitor all off-hire inspections are carried out and any damage agreed with the customer prior to the truck being collected.
- Oversee STR controller activity and support development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Management experience in a customer service or operations business
- Management of skilled mobile resources
- Management of multi-tasked teams
- Colleague leadership and development
- Promotes a strong customer culture by setting customer orientated performance objectives.
- Ability to see things from a customer perspective and to identify, meet and exceed customer expectations, whether internal or external
- Identifies customer needs beyond those expressly stated.