Senior Quantity Surveyor
FC51 – Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location – Birmingham
Salary – £Highly Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Birmingham.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop and grow a wider QS team in the Midlands, working closely with the Partner in Charge of Cost Consultancy and the local team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To play a key part in the Cost Consultancy team, working on a wide and varied range of projects in a commercial environment.
- Client facing role, working with an enviable and national client base.
- To support and enhance the business growth plans, providing high calibre professional advice to key clients.
- To deliver cost planning and cost management services in relation to construction projects and in support of the wider building consultancy team in Birmingham.
- To help deliver and support the growth of the cost consultancy service line in the Midlands and expand the existing offer to key commercial investor clients within office, retail, industrial and commercial office portfolios.
- Pre and post contract stages including feasibility studies, cost planning, reporting on tenders and agreeing final accounts
- Work to support the growth and expansion of cost consultancy services.
Skills and Experience:
- BSc Quantity Surveying.
- MRICS qualified with 2 years PQE.
- Sound knowledge of building contracts including JCT.
- Independent delivery of procurement; single and two stage tendering.
- Cost consultancy experience in the commercial, residential and retail sector.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of good client relationship management.
- Proven track record of delivering end to end commercial cost consultancy.
- Strong experience of working on project values ranging from £1m to £30m.
- Experience of using a variety of forms of contract.
- Strong commercial experience with a proven ability to meet and exceed fee target.
- Deliver services with autonomy and engender confidence in clients.
- Diligent in experience with complex projects.
- Must be a good team player but able to work independently.
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Commercially focussed: Capable of developing client relationships and ability to network at business development events/seminars.
- Leadership qualities to assist in team and office growth ahead.
- Be involved in creating successful new and existing client relationships through networking and business development.
- Willing to travel.
In return our client offers:
- The opportunity to be a part of a company who are passionate about people with a very supportive environment and great opportunities for career progression.
- Flexible & hybrid working.
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance.
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance and 25 days holiday and Professional Membership subscription.
- Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.