Senior Operations Technician (Landfill Gas)
MS229 – Senior Operations Technician (Landfill Gas)
Location: Cotesbach, Harborough
Salary: £34,017 to £52,782 per annum + company vehicle & benefits
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Senior Operations Technician (Landfill Gas).
Under the supervision of the Area Manager, you will complete the day-to-day operations of the gas field and generators at the assigned sites in order to achieve maximum electrical output, whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Senior Operations Technician (Landfill Gas):
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Quality procedures are applied correctly to all processes.
- Provide mechanical and control engineering support to allocated sites.
- Undertake planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance of the generator sets and associated plant and equipment.
- Undertake operational planning of maintenance work to include the ordering of parts.
- Ensure site staff are adequately instructed on the maintenance procedures when required.
- Train Operations Technicians on the generator and auxiliary equipment in line with the maintenance procedure.
- Inspect the maintenance and operation of gas systems with regular review of data using In-house software.
- Liaise with landfill site management to ensure gas extraction system remains effective.
- Ensure required gas field readings are made and issued on time to relevant personnel.
- Ensure relevant personnel are informed of any changes in the operations that may affect gas extraction system.
- Maintain records of the Operations and Maintenance equipment.
- Order consumable parts items, including lube oils, filters, spark plugs fan belts, etc.
- Maintain adequate spare parts stock on assigned sites and carry out routine stock takes.
- Prepare parts list for major maintenance requirements.
- Produce detailed reports of planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Provide mechanical engineering support on new projects.
- Assist in engineering design modifications to existing plant.
- Assist with the preparation of maintenance procedures.
- Carry out fault finding diagnostics and rectification work.
- Assist and cover for the Operations Technicians.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have Operations and Maintenance experience, with reciprocating engines and/or the relating control systems.
- Be qualified in Mechanical Engineering or to BTEC level or equivalent, in a mechanical discipline or proven previous experience.
- This position requires a high degree of flexibility, self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work well as part of a team and at times work alone.
- This position has an On-Call requirement.