Senior Operations Manager
JS326 Senior Operations Manager
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Senior Operations Manager on behalf of one of our clients. Please note I am recruiting for two roles :
- 0600 – 1400 – focussing on Inbound operations
- 1400 – 2200 – focussing on outbound operations
** Please note that these are fixed , not rotating shifts **
You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective running of operations to agreed budget and service level targets. Implementing and supporting continued operational and service improvements. Provide leadership and develop/support/mentor the management team and operatives by creating and maintaining employee participation and effective team working.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility to manage and guide the day to day operational activities at the NDC with a focus on Inbound / Outbound Operations.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to maximise efficiencies, resources and achieve site objectives.
- Overall responsibility to control labour costs to the lowest practicable level whilst delivering against site objectives.
- Encourage use of real time solutions/reporting to encourage strong operations performance.
- Develop and maintain plans and reports, forecasting storage capacity, controlling headcount and managing performance.
- Drive cross functional working as one team to ensure delivery of KPI’s, working to exceed customer expectations.
- Being an escalation point of contact for any operational issues.
- Ensure the site is ‘future proof’ and create clear development paths.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures including ISO 9001 and ISO 45001.
- Drive a positive culture of Health and Safety through leading by example and following the standard process requirement.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Uphold the company’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies.
- Operate within the company’s policies, procedures and systems.
- Project a positive image of oneself and the company to others.
- Work to the company’s key objectives and vision.
- I will uphold the company’s H&S procedures to ensure we meet our legal requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of delivering effective high volume, high service level operations.
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development, well versed in people development/operations.
- Good communicator and able to liaise at all levels.
- Microsoft Packages – Outlook, Excel, Word.
- An energy and passion and always aim to strive for perfection.
- Proactive attitude with good attention to detail.
- Must be able to work on in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines.
- Experience of FMCG and 3 party carriers Experience of both B2B and B2C operation (Highly Desirable).
- Knowledge/ Understanding of Dynamics AX (Highly Desirable).