Senior MRI Radiographer
AR157 – MRI Senior Radiographer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an MRI Senior Radiographer on behalf of one of our clients.
To support and supervise MRI trainees in the clinical environment and provide practical training and assessment for a wide range of MRI examinations working on the different MRI systems. Our client strongly encourages applications from ex-military personnel however candidates from all backgrounds will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the organisation and management of day to day scanning lists and maintaining MRI protocols to ensure high quality examinations in accordance with best practice and in a manner that meets professional, departmental and legal standards and requirements.
- Liaise with multidisciplinary teams at MRI facilities and at hospital sites visited by the mobile service.
- Respond to the clinical requests of the MRI Manager/Superintendents and Consultant Radiologists.
- To ensure the safe use and maintenance of highly specialist imaging equipment, to adhere to all local MRI safety procedures and to report problems to senior members of staff and on-site engineering support.
- To support and train newly qualified MRI radiographers, students, radiographic assistants and administrative staff.
- Work in accordance with the magnetic resonance imaging department administrative processes to include, MRI departmental local rules, systems of work, operational policy and procedures, health and safety and risk management.
- To propose changes to practices, procedures and protocols within the department for continuous improvement.
- Providing physical and emotional support to patients throughout their attendance.
- To obtain consent and conduct safety checks prior to a patient being administered contrast media and/or drugs specific to their examination.
- Data entry on the Patient Administration (PAS) and Picture Archive (PACs) Systems, Radiology Information System (RIS) and all other relevant IT systems and databases.
- To participate in clinical audits including Health & Safety and Infection Control.
- To be responsible for the administration of medicines and Gadolinium based contrast agents (GBCAs) in accordance with departmental local rules, patient group directions (PGDs), intravenous (IV) cannulation and contrast administration policies and work within a defined scope of practice documented within the IV scheme of work.
- To maintain up to date and accurate personal CPD records.
- To hold certification to undertake cannulation procedures and administration of contrast media and drugs in accordance with intravenous (IV) cannulation and contrast administration policies and work within a defined scope of practice documented within the IV scheme of work.
- Attend departmental staff meetings.
- To assist with monitoring stock and supplies in the MRI department and on mobiles.
- There is no line management responsibility associated with this post. However there is an expectation that this senior position will be responsible for the day to day supervision of MRI radiographers, Trainee radiographers and other junior staff members working as part of their team.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and of the other people who may be affected by actions and omissions at work.
- Co-operate with the employer in ensuring that all statutory and other requirements are complied with.
- To be aware of responsibilities for infection prevention and control.
- Co-operate with the employer in ensuring that all infection prevention and control policies and procedures are complied with.
- Conduct hand hygiene in accordance with policy, challenging those around you who do not.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in diagnostic radiography or equivalent HCPC recognised qualification.
- Registered member of Health and Care Professions Council.
- College of Radiography IV Cannulation Certificate or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience as cross-sectional imaging radiographer covering a wide range of clinical examinations and applications.
- Proven experience in healthcare and patient focussed services.
- Awareness of Ionising Radiation Regulations 1999 and IR(ME)R 2000 as updated in January 2017.
- Training and mana