Senior Java Microservices Developer
DC263 – Senior Java Microservices Developer
Location – St Asaph, Denbighshire
Salary – £Competitive + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Senior Java Microservices Director. As Senior Developer, the successful candidate will be working on a major internal project to redesign the core legacy Java application using a microservices architecture based on Spring frameworks. They will work closely with the Heads of Development, and Product to define and implement the solution. The Senior Developer will also be responsible for the mentoring of the existing development team in the new architecture and in best practices.
Essential Technical Skills:
Including but not limited to:
- Proven track record in microservice design and implementation.
- Java 8 +.
- Spring-boot, spring-cloud, maven, Nexus, GitLab, Git, Jenkins, docker, message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ).
- TDD (jUnit/Mockito/Jacoco).
- REST API development experience (json and XML).
- Relational Databases – Oracle / MS SQL Server.
- Windows and Linux.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- AWS experience.
- Android mobile development using Java.
- Experience with JSP applications (ideally WebObjects).
- Experience with CI/CD ways of working, and familiar with the tools and practices that support a DevOps approach.
Personal/General Skills and Experience:
- Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Monitor and review targets to support the delivery of business outcomes making appropriate recommendations and ensuring that these recommendations are carried out.
- Liaise with customers, staff and colleagues to provide quality communication and care.
- Maintain and respect confidentiality in accordance with confidentiality policy, non-disclosure agreements and Data Protection Act.
- Carry out all other duties that contribute to the effective, efficient and quality performance of the Company.
- Provide assistance, advice and support to other team members as necessary.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping in all areas.
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure compliance of Company Policy as stated.
- Any other duties as required.
- To adopt a flexible approach to working hours within reason and where required.
- To co-operate with the company on personnel progression.
- Comply with the relevant requirements of ISO 9001 2015 and ISO 27001 2013 standards.
In return our client offers:
- Competitive salary.
- Home/office working flexibility.
- Long term stability.
- Development opportunities.