Senior Internal Auditor
JM77 – Senior Internal Auditor – International Risk Advisory
Location – Leeds
Salary – £Competitive
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor – International Risk Advisory to join our client’s growing business. This role is based in Leeds but may require overseas travel on both a short and long-term basis.
About the role:
Our client’s International Assurance Services team are a small but committed team delivering to international governments, donors, public sector bodies, charities and INGOs. They also work closely with their public sector internal audit teams delivering work for the UK Government.
- They are looking for qualified internal auditors to join their team. Ideally Institute of Internal Auditors qualified, the role involves working with our public-sector clients both in the UK and overseas.
- Their work is diverse, so you need to be adaptable, proactive and a self-starter, you could be seconded to a UK government department auditing major change programmes or assigned to audit beneficiary data on a cash transfer programme for the ultra-poor in Zambia; supporting an emerging nations National Audit Office undertake their first forensic assignment or working with the United Nations. Rarely are two weeks the same.
- They are looking for adaptable people with a ‘can do’ problem solving attitude. You should be prepared to work away from home occasionally in conflict/post conflict environments or in countries where 5-star comfort comes second to life experiences. Full training will be provided. Ideally, we would like a second language, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Arabic. You will be required to undertake security clearance.
- To match their continued growth across Africa they are particularly interested in candidates with experience of / interested in long term overseas posting and those with experience delivering training or mentoring. We are also interested in those who joined internal audit later in their careers where their prior experiences would add real benefits to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree
- 5 years post qualified
- Experience of central government public sector
- Fluent in a second language (French, Portuguese, Spanish or Arabic)
- Experience of delivering training or mentoring
- Experience working in developing economies
- Experience in the health sector