Senior Engineer (Marine Combat Systems)
EJ631 – Senior Engineer (Marine Combat Systems)
Salary: Circa £44,000
First Military Recruitment is currently seeking a Senior Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
You will be responsible for developing end to end schedules for system design changes in submarine combat systems.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however, candidates from all backgrounds will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise internally and externally with stakeholders to produce design change plans from concept to in-Service.
- Each plan will provide an indicative timescale for the development of each design change, in order to influence the decision and placement of key project check points and to drive delivery.
- Monitor Design Changes, until the change is In-Service, advising of the impact of any changes on the baseline plan.
- Liaise with Waterfront teams regarding implementation of the design changes and provide the timescales of when those teams should expect handover of the required design change information.
- Collate and implement learning from experience information in order to improve future performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering-based discipline, or HND with significant demonstrable experience.
- Be a minimum of Incorporated Engineer (IEng).
- Be a Member of the relevant professional engineering bodies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of product lifecycle (concept, design, shore testing, installation and acceptance into service).
- Experience of project planning.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Maritime Combat Systems is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in a regulated industry with a wide and diverse stakeholder group would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of maritime engineering production, and waterfront capabilities and working practices would be beneficial.
- An excellent communicator at all levels, both written and verbal.
- The individual will build and sustain effective and lasting relationships with the Customer, Stakeholders and engineering teams.
- An effective problem solver – able to balance theoretical assessments with pragmatic solutions.
- Able to maintain a culture of open disclosure of issues and opportunities.
- Able to investigate, develop and offer technical recommendations on real engineering challenges to the customer.
- A proactive, enthusiastic and forward thinking individual.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, Power Point and Visio.
- Experience of working within the Submarine Support Enterprise is desirable.
- Experience of working with the Ministry of Defence would be an advantage.
Salary: Circa £44,000