Senior Commercial Manager
JA762 – Senior Commercial/Procurement Manager
Location Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Salary – C£55K + £12K Overseas + 9% pension allowance
We are currently recruiting in conjunction with our global client for a Senior Commercial/Procurement Manager to join their team in Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will manage the commercial/procurement activities of the line of business, ensuring that business success is maximised in line with agreed targets and ensure all legally binding Company commitments are agreed in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE EX-MILITARY FOR THIS ROLE BUT YOU MUST BE A BRITISH CITIZEN DUE TO VISA RESTRICTIONS.
OUTLINE QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND BUSINESS EXPERTISE
- Relevant Degree or equivalent and c. 12+ years commercial/procurement experience
- Experienced in developing key supplier relationships and strategies to meet the needs of the business and where appropriate aligning to wider Company strategies
- Can resolve business inter-dependencies and issues with projects and functions across other BU’s and Company entities in KSA
- Extensive knowledge of business unit financial/commercial/procurement policies
- A good working knowledge of the business unit approach to Life Cycle Management
- A strong track record of contributing to the management of contractual issues
- A thorough understanding and comprehension of Commercial Contracts & Law
- Proven negotiating skills in a range of environments
- Wide ranging experience of dealing with domestic and international suppliers
- Member or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or accredited by the International Association for Contracts and Commercial Management (IACCM) or equivalent
OBJECTIVES & OUTLINE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and set objectives/review for a team of commercial/procurement staff
- Produce a full range of contractual documentation for assigned areas in line with all relevant Company requirements and procedures
- Lead or participate in contract/ subcontract negotiations with all relevant parties to facilitate the smooth and successful conclusion of negotiations
- Manage contracts/ subcontracts, ensuring the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Manage the preparation and issue purchase orders for subcontractors/suppliers in accordance with established procurement policies, issue requests for proposals and verify invoices prior to payment.
- Actively support the development, co-ordination and implementation of pricing and payment strategies and policies in assigned areas, in accordance with all relevant Company requirements and procedures
- Actively support the development, co-ordination and implementation of overall financial targets and budgetary management strategies in assigned areas
- Manage potential areas of risk and carry out risk analyses and assessments to support the minimisation of risk.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure the effective management of business agreements.
- Lead on the resolution of commercial/procurement issues to facilitate effective business decision-making.
- Lead regular reviews with suppliers to review relationship, current/ future bids/ opportunities and ensure that contracted obligations and agreed targets are achieved.
- Lead, develop and motivate any assigned staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Functional Governance Manual and the Procurement Manual and communicate/implement them in assigned area to deliver strong governance and business effectiveness.
- Keep up to date with and research new commercial/procurement developments in assigned areas and assist in assessing their advantage to the Company.
- Liaison with senior stakeholders within internal and external customer community.
- Manage interfaces with Finance, Legal, HR and Group Tax to establish effective contracting and pricing models.
- Manage RBA activities.
- Lead Tender activities.
- Assessment/Production of Commercial/Procurement plans in support of LCM.
- GLOBAL LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Set Direction & Deliver Results
- Drives Strategic Growth – Integrates market and competitor insights to create