Senior Bid Engineer
Location : Derby, Derbyshire, England
Job Ref : JM45
Consultant : Judith McClurg
Sector : Engineering, Manufacturing
Salary : DOE
JM45: Senior Bid Engineer
Salary: £38k doe
Purpose of role and accountabilities:
- To support the Bid Manager in the initial analysis of customer RFP’s. This will involve amongst other things the review and interpretation of customer data, documents and Bills of Material’s (BOM’s) as well as identifying gaps in or issues with the customer RFP data.
- To create a BOM and internal presentation from the customer data or drawing packs, in line with company templates, to be submitted into the businesses estimating department. This will include the listing of raw material specifications and identifying surface treatments, hardware, and bought out sub-contracted components inline with the manufacturing strategy.
- The creation of raw material, Bought Out Parts, Hardware and Sub-Contract Treatment internal Request for Proposals.
- To ensure that all relevant external cost inputs are inputted into the company bid template and that the template is reviewed for accuracy and error before being handed over to the Bid Manager.
- To review customer RFP’s and provide a technical analysis to support the Bid / Bid Decision. Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- To assist other members of the Business Development Department on an as required basis, including various analytical analysis tasks and interpretation of data and to assist in ensuring the Department continues to meet its objectives.
- Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids with the ability to present internal commercial propositions to the business.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process ensuring each stage is robustly managed and auditable.
Core skills/attributes needed:
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- High level of commercial awareness with the ability to develop bid specific cost/bid strategies.
- Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledge base or library system.
- Will currently be working, or have recently worked within the Aerospace or similar industry in a engineering / bid support capacity, programme / production support or technical support role.
- Will have engineering experience of working with BOM structures and other manufacturing documents from the major aerospace OEM’s / Tier 1 companies.
- Will ideally have engineering capabilities enabling them to interpret drawings, manufacturing specifications, models, bill of material documents and other relevant technical documents
- Will show attention to detail and be able to analyse and present information in a clear and concise format.
- Will be able to work under tight timescales and be results driven.
- Will have experience of using Microsoft Office applications including Excel. Demonstration of advanced Excel skills would be advantageous.
- Will be willing to travel, potentially overseas, at short notice. Have a driving licence.
- Ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities & have a solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures.
- Safety: work in line with all accredited company safety standards in order to provide a safe working environment for all
- Quality: support the quality accreditations across the business to ensure the delivery of a ‘right first time’ performance
- Cost: support the continuous improvements in cost reduction activities across the company in order to deliver increased profitability and value for money to our customers and stakeholders
- Delivery: drive improvement in delivery performance to continually exceed customer expectations and targets
- People: support organisational capability and influence cultural change by embracing diversity, inclusion, wellbeing and community