Semi-Skilled PDI Engineer
AR147 – Semi-Skilled PDI Engineer
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Semi-Skilled Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
Based in the Preparation Centre workshops, you will carry out Pre-Delivery Inspections with minor adjustments on new Equipment. Ensuring best practice with quality and professionalism.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of pre-delivery inspection on new and used equipment to pre-set standards prior to despatch to customer or dealer.
- Maintain and prepare demo fleet equipment as necessary for customer/dealer requirements.
- Maintain charge levels of traction batteries for the stock of electric powered equipment.
- Unloading of trucks, equipment, batteries and chargers etc that relate to the department.
- Inspection of above equipment upon arrival and to produce a goods received note.
- To keep non-utilised/recoverable time to a minimum by liaising closely with the Equipment Preparation Manager, and planning workload.
- Submit detailed parts requisitions, providing all information required for the computer job records and ensuring the correct parts are ordered accurately and on a timely basis.
- To sometimes work without supervision by using own initiative, and to maintain standards of quality always.
- To ensure that any defective tooling or equipment is brought to the immediate attention of the Workshop Lead Hand or Equipment Preparation Manager.
- Project a good image of yourself and company to the customer at all times, always wearing your supplied company uniform.
- Ensure that all documentation (including completed job sheets, time sheets, etc.) are fully completed as instructed and adhere to ISO9001:2000 procedure.
- Keep work area clean, tidy and organised in accordance with ISO14001 standards.
- Ensure that all documentation is passed to the office promptly.
- Always work safely in accordance with Safe Working Practice and H&S standards.
- Attendance at Internal/External training courses at other locations to meet with Business and Health & Safety requirements.
- To perform any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time within the scope of your knowledge, skills and ability.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Good communication skills with the ability to accurately complete paperwork.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Willingness to learn and attend training courses.
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000