Sales Manager MRO
DC244 – Sales Manager MRO
Location – Bournemouth (or Farnborough)
Salary – £Competive + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Sales Manager for their Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Services team. The role can be based in either Bournemouth or Farnborough but some flexibility may be required in the future as MRO sales expand.
This role reports into the Commercial Director MRO Services, Business Aviation. The purpose of the Sales Manager is to support the Strategic Business Units drive for sale of aircraft maintenance for the Company across EMEA sites. The scope of this role is inclusive of identifying and pursuing market opportunities, definition of capture strategy, customer/account management, contract negotiation and contract closure in line with Group policy.
Our client is looking for a well-rounded and focused individual with the ability to deliver first class customer service in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Able to deliver under pressure and exceed expectation, the Sales Manager is expected to drive outgoing, hunting sales, and contribute to the management and retention of existing accounts, whilst capturing a new and enlarged customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver world class aviation solutions to the global client market.
- Identification, targeting and engagement on new opportunities and customers.
- Contribute to definition of the EMEA sales strategy on a rolling 5 year basis.
- Full accountability for achieving agreed sales targets.
- Positive representation of the Company/Group to customers, OEM, vendors and partners.
- New business development through prospecting, qualification, commercial strategy, client negotiation and contract closure.
- Customer management through full sales cycle.
- Ongoing management of the MRO sales plan, customer visit schedule and weekly reporting.
- Quarterly sales plan and performance presentation to the Executive Leadership team.
- Positive engagement with quoting teams and marketing teams to compile customer facing bid documents.
- Participation in all relevant trade shows, including panel participation.
- Line management of Sales Executives.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Aviation MRO experience.
- Results driven and customer focused.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- High level of business and financial competence, and understanding impact of negotiating measures against opportunity profitably.
- Ability to develop relationships with stakeholders / clients / group departments, both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral English language.
- High standard of numeracy.
- IT literate with experience of MS Office applications.
- Natural communicator with a strong interpersonal skillset.
- Ability to confidently present to internal stakeholders and customer representatives, inclusive of ‘C’ level executives and owners.
- High attention to detail.
- An adaptable and resourceful personality.
- Ability to professionally perform and deliver under pressure in time critical environments, and customer facing scenarios.
- Career driven with an ambition to retain career path within the aviation industry.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3 years Business Aviation MRO sales experience.
- Established industry contact base.
- Technical background within aircraft maintenance.
- Experienced in maintenance proposal compilation, for both pricing/commercial offers and customer facing documents.
- Experience with market analysis, identification of target market/s and customer prospecting.
- Understanding of Part 145 and Part M/CAMO regulatory requirements.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Pension with up to 5% contributions matched.
- Life Insurance *
- Income Protection *
- Travel Insurance *
- Private Medical (after successful passing of probation) *
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
*(subject to insurance underwriting)