EY54 Sales Executive
Salary: £25,000 + Commission
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Sales Executive on behalf of one of our clients.
To pro-actively sell events products and services, to existing customers, maximising business from existing customers through an innovative approach and always delivering the best experience customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve sales targets and maximise sales through all sales channels.
- To maximise revenue and profit through the implementation of a sales activity plan by proactive selling (face to face meetings, cold calling and personal contacts) through a sales platform and use of commercial management techniques (Salesforce, OPTIMO diary management, Enta, Linked In and other management tools).
- Be fully responsible for the conversion of incoming enquiries to confirmed bookings.
- To ensure all leads are contacted within 24 hours with an overall 80% conversion.
- To research and identify new market and account opportunities.
- Assist in preparing sales collateral and presentation materials including proposals.
- Ensure the enquiry call process supports delivery standard and KPI’s are achieved.
- To maintain accurate records on prospects through the venue management system.
- To be aware of competitor pricing, understand the dynamics of the local market and the demand generators, and the effect this has on profit.
- Actively participate in local networking groups and relevant trade bodies.
- In conjunction with all relevant partners ensure that the levels of Customer Service are market leading.
- Be actively involved (when required) in the race day hosting activities.
- To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily / weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of the Senior Management Team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and able to demonstrate success in a sales environment preferably within sport.
- Understanding and experience of cold calling and selling to both corporate and private individuals. Competence with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a Customer Relations Management system.
- Be target driven and recognises the need to hit and exceed through effective selling at all levels.
- Identifies what needs to be done to achieve objectives, prioritising key issues, organising short term activity and planning to ensure all tasks will be achieved.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Listens to what others have to say and communicates ones’ own ideas/information in an appropriate manner to ensure all parties maintain a full and up to date understanding.
- Convinces others to a course of action through the application of an understanding of the politics of a situation, building a strong and assertive case and making an impact.
- Ability to combine both communication and influencing skills to aid in the development of others.
- Ability to respond appropriately to changing circumstances, adapting ones’ plans as necessary, to ensure change is implemented effectively.
- A competitive drive to achieve results to the highest standard and the commitment and courage to see things through despite obstacles or setbacks.
- Manage customer relationships (internal/external), developing a professional relationship in order to identify needs and deliver a quality service.
- Applies own understanding of the organisation and the external environment to make sound commercial judgments and identifies ways of improving effectiveness.
Salary: £25,000 + Commission