Sales Director (Sensors)
JS293 Sales Director (Sensors)
Location: North London
Salary: £Competitive + Bonus
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Sales Director with Sensor experience on behalf of one of our internationally recognised clients.
To be responsible for the sales of Ground Based Surveillance Radar products to customers globally.
In addition, you will take ownership of the whole sales process from prospect identification, through qualification, presentation, proposals, negotiation and finally closing the sale. Post sales activities and support to ensure the contracted goods are delivered as contracted are also required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and prioritise key markets.
- Meet targets established by Sales Forecasts for allocated products and plan and execute the sales activities to deliver the forecast.
- Responsible for the achievement of annual order intake, revenue and margin targets for the GBSR range.
- Establish and maintain customer contacts in allocated territories & identify new opportunities, markets and services.
- Key account management.
- Negotiate and agree contracts on behalf of Company within assigned limits of authority.
- Understand customer requirements and advise on system features & design.
- Input data into Company system to feed the sales forecast.
- Use the Company system to provide information on opportunities.
- Utilise the Company system to produce reports of sales vs targets.
- Use the software tools supplied to prepare quotations for new and existing customers.
- Make presentations to both external and internal customers.
- Liaise with Overseas marketing channels as required.
- Liaise with and advise other functional Departments as necessary to ensure the Business’ output is customer focussed, timely and to an appropriate quality.
- Provide and maintain data to support the Marketing Databases.
- Maintain continuous awareness of equipment.
- Maintain continuous awareness of competitor and third party equipment.
- Represent / act as an ambassador for the Business at all levels (working levels to senior hierarchies).
- Formulate sales strategies and priorities in the British and Overseas defence markets.
- Manage / appoint Counterparties and/or distributors as necessary.
- Collate reports for monthly meetings to clearly show progress against plan.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions, meeting with customers and partners, including travel abroad when required.
- Provide support and input for marketing activities such as new brochures, mail shots, exhibitions etc.
- Any other tasks associated with the above functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in selling battlefield sensors into various military users. (NATO/AUS/NZ) and/or experience in selling high value sensors into Critical Infrastructure applications.
- Proven track record in dealing with NATO land forces procurement, including CONOPS of the application of the radar sensor products.
- Experienced in a senior sales position, supporting departmental activity.
- Commercial acumen, preferably with experience of departmental forecasting & P&L responsibility.
- Ideal candidates will have a land based forces background, or been involved in the wider defence industry.
- Conversant with standard MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Travel within the UK and overseas is often required, sometimes at short notice.