HA110: Removals Driver
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting one of our established and expanding businesses in the search for a Removal Driver / Porter.
The removal driver / porter is to carry out removal and storage work using company vehicles and equipment and to represent the company in the best light to customers.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out UK direct road removals as part of a removal team.
- To assist as part of a packing or unpacking team on household goods.
- To carry out UK commercial and office road removals and storage.
- To act as Job Foreman on the above activities when required.
- To load and unload storage containers from company vehicles when required using forklift truck (subject to authorisation and certification).
- To ensure that all schedules agreed with customers are maintained, or where this is not possible to ensure that branch management and customer are kept aware of any required change to schedule.
- To assist as part of a packing or unpacking team on deep-sea exports or imports of household goods.
- To ensure that all paperwork related to daily activities is completed in an accurate and timely manner and returned to the office in a timely manner.
- To ensure that company vehicles and equipment are kept in a tidy, serviceable and roadworthy state.
- To act as the first point of contact for the customer when acting as Job Foreman.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Class 2 or Driving Licence.
- CPC and Digi tacho.
- Physically fit and able.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.