AL438: Quality Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Quality Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
To be responsible for production quality issues within the company and maintain the standards required by EN 9100:2018 (AS9100) Rev D including ISO9001:2015.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer:
- To maintain a documented QMS in accordance with the requirements of the above standards.
- To be responsible for practical operation of quality standards within the company.
- To use Advanced Product Quality Planning tools (Control Plan, FMEA etc.) to ensure smooth product launches.
- To improve quality through the use of continuous improvement tools.
- To investigate quality related issues occurring both internally and at the Customer sites, by identifying the root cause and implementing acceptable corrective actions. (8Ds)
- To prepare quality documentation for the annual audit. Liaise with and assist Departmental Managers with their responsibilities. Be involved with resolving any non-conformances that may arise.
- Carrying out Internal Quality audits.
- Supplier Development.
- Generating Quality Performance Data.
- To produce Initial Sampling Documentation.
- Preparing Quality Documentation.
- To assist with Customer liaison on all quality issues.
- Follow and uphold the Company’s environmental policy, procedures and instructions in order to reduce environmental impacts from its activities.
- In addition, the jobholder is required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications for the Quality Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will have sufficient knowledge and experience working as a Quality Engineer within an Electronic Manufacturing Company.
- Experience of working to the standards required by EN 9100:2018 (AS9100) Rev D including ISO9001:2015.
- Knowledge and understanding of Electronic Manufacturing Processes including Surface Mount Placement and Reflow Soldering, Conventional Assembly, Wave Soldering, Board Breakout etc.
- Able to investigate Manufacturing issues, identify the root cause of any issues and implement acceptable corrective actions.
- Working knowledge/understanding of the IPC-A-610 workmanship standard.
- Familiarity with shop floor data collection systems.
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent in Electronics.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methods/Techniques.
- Previous experience of ERP systems.
- Experienced in APQP.
- Knowledge of Medical Equipment Manufacturing an advantage.