Quality Assurance Engineer
AR371 – Quality Assurance Engineer
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
As Quality Assurance Engineer you will support the operation of the Quality Management System (QMS) ensuring continued compliance with ISO 9001:2015. You will help to develop, implement and maintain strategies, policies and standards to ensure that materials, processes and finished products within the company consistently meet the quality standards necessary for complete customer satisfaction.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in maintaining the Quality Management System (process creation and maintenance).
- Ensure a high level of documentation control, in line with the ISO 9001 Framework. Ensuring compliance and assist with adherence to the QMS.
- Support to New Product Introductions (NPI) – Ensure that controls and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
- Completion of internal audits to ISO-9001:2015 Standards and in line with the Internal Audit Schedule
- Support in the case of Supplier non-conformity – Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to avoid compromising quality.
- Production support – Support shop floor meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality. Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with own and customer’s management. Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers, and other service providers
- Complaints 8D investigation and support – Manage quality-related issues within the manufacturing team with team support (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty).
- Quality Problem analysis – Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues using quality tools such as, 5 Why/Ishikawa/PDCA/8D.
- Continuous improvements – Support and lead process improvement activities, attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions. Undertake continuous training and development of teams and production staff. Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Regulation/Compliance – Participate in the development and refinement of customer requests (and internal where necessary)
- Support on Quality functions – PFMEA’s (Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), PPAP/Kaizen events/Goods-in-inspection.
- Support with Customer returns and help identify root causes of failure/CAPA.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualifications / experience in Engineering – electrical bias preferable.
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Engineering.
- Experience in working to ISO 9001 Framework.
- Internal Auditing experience.
- Experienced in utilising quality tools for improvement.
- Analysis/Critical thinking/Problem-solving skills.
- Communication/ Interpersonal / Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate (especially Microsoft Office)
- 8D Problem Solving
- NCR’s / Handling Customer Complaints
- Experience using Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Kaizen, 5S etc.
- Previous experience in Continuous improvement activities.
- Supplier Development / Supplier Quality Engineering
- Health and Safety knowledge (Desirable but not essential).
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000