Purchasing and Logistics Manager
EJ663 – Purchasing and Logistics Manager
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Purchasing and Logistics Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
You will be responsible for maintaining suitable and sufficient stock levels that satisfy customer requirements. This will be achieved through the following business functions; Stock control, purchase order processing, return order processing and resource planning. This is a key role within our clients business and you will be required to build strong working relationships with suppliers.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however candidates from all backgrounds will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain suitable and sufficient stock to fulfill sales orders within our quoted lead times.
- To be responsible for all aspect of purchasing and stock management from initial purchase order processing to authorisation of invoice from the supplier.
- To create and develop a materials resource planning method to predict future requirements.
- To monitor and report on supplier performance and compliance.
- Identify possible financial savings by volume discounts, rationalising of suppliers and deliveries.
- Build relationships with suppliers to gain influence to facilitate contributions towards marketing budgets, extended payment terms and fast track deliveries when required.
- To determine stock fulfilment requirements in consultation with the business to meet the quoted lead times.
- To place purchase orders on suppliers to meet quoted lead times and maintain stocked items within desired limits.
- To monitor and liaise with suppliers as necessary to ensure items are delivered on time and are of good quality.
- Creating and maintaining standard operating procedures covering purchase order processing purchasing for both direct via the office and online sales.
- Communicate supplier performance and compliance to the business and supplier.
- Processing Purchase Return orders from initial enquiry through to final credit note.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures covering purchase order processing purchasing, purchase return processing stock control and resource planning.
- Coaching & training other members of staff on these procedures and providing staff support.
- Monthly stock valuation report.
- Ensuring stock levels on Sage are correct and within the nominated values.
- Facilitating regular stock takes.
- Updating stock levels following stock take.
- Communicating variances to the business.
- Adding new stock items to Sage including validation of list prices against specified mark ups/margins.
- To create and develop a materials resource planning method that takes future sales into consideration.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Sage – essential (Sage 200 preferable).
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Health and Safety with respect to both your individual and company obligations.
- Communication both verbally and in writing.
- Negotiation skills – you will be required to apply leverage to the strong business and supplier relationships you develop to improve performance. This may include but is not limited to obtaining quicker deliveries, bulk/quantity discounts, gaining improved payment terms, discounts in relation to sales targets.
- Microsoft office.
- Be flexible.
- Apply your knowledge and experience to unfamiliar situations and deliver practicable, workable, and effective solutions.
- Provide cover for other members of staff during holidays and absences.
- Provide support and assistance to the Finance Manager as necessary.
- Be capable of problem solving operationally to meet the needs of the business.