Project Manager – Ground Works
JA786 – Project Manager – Civils
Location – Hertfordshire
Salary – £DOE
We are currently recruiting for a visionary Civils Project Manager with a strong Ground Works background/knowledge. The successful Project Manager will be responsible for successfully delivering well managed, productive projects that emphasise safety. Your team will be accountable for excavations, associated groundworks, and substructure foundations with experience in adoptable roads, drainage, and heavy civils. Hard landscaping and finishing to a high standard.
To lead the respective teams in the success of this and many other unique building projects, you must have relevant experience in a similar role, be able to direct a multi-disciplinary team in a safe, timely and profitable environment to exceed client expectations and project accountability for the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of your projects.
- Perform project engineering activities which may include feasibility studies, instructions, specifications and achieving timely and cost-effective objectives.
- To direct a multi-disciplinary team through the project to ensure deadlines are met ensuring that detailed programs are drawn up for each stage.
- Work with the client, commercial teams, and engineers to identify and rectify problems and/or non-conformance, escalating as appropriate and providing expert recommendations promptly to reduce risks and cost.
- To ensure that all stakeholders are kept up to date with works progress.
- To plan works thoroughly to maintain a safe system of work specific to each task/project.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of construction reports, contracts and schedules which may involve tender and contract documentation ensuring reviews following quality assurance procedures and compliance.
- To deliver technical and expert information and monitor engineering activities, plans, equipment, and labour developments.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of current developments and trends by following best practice, industry standards, applicable legislation, business plans and team objectives.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders which may include engineers, technicians, site supervisors and contractors and provide mentoring, coaching and support to these team members through training and feedback and encourage and develop internal capabilities and ensure team members are adequately resourced to perform.
Skills and Experience
- You must be resident and eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
- Relevant qualifications in Construction or Engineering.
- Experience operating in a similar role on a medium to large scale on complex construction projects.
- Proficient knowledge, experience and understanding of sub-structure and civils work, adoptable standards with knowledge of reinforcement structures desirable.
- Good understanding of engineering and site management principles
- Able to manage client relationships and be the public face of company with integrity, flexibility, and a shared vision of the Company values.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and the ability to communicate with stakeholders and build relationships across all levels of the Company.
- Understanding and knowledge of current health and safety procedures, requirements and legislation operating on a construction site.
- CSCS, SMSTS & First Aid at Work
- Proficient IT skills and Microsoft Office experience
- UK Driving licence is essential.
- Ability to walk on all sites on uneven ground.