Project Manager – Ductwork
JA790 – Project Manager – Ductwork
Location – Central Scotland
Salary – DOE
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with a background and good experience in managing Ductwork projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of project/s, responsible for the effective client relationship management to achieve smooth operational and commercial progression of the project.
- Directly responsible at the project site level for all matters pertaining to Health, Safety and Welfare.
- To effectively manage and correctly coordinate all facets of a specific project from contract signature, through all phases until handover to the end user.
- Ensure that all related design information is correctly and fully audited to secure overall compliance with the defined employer’s requirement and all statutory regulations.
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager monitor closely all commercial and contractual matters to ensure that contractual obligations are correctly fulfilled without deviation and that expenditure is contained within defined budget constraints.
- In conjunction with Contracts Manager prepare accurate weekly progress reports.
- Attend on site meetings, as and when required.
- Oversee the preparation of Operation & Maintenance Manuals to ensure that the first draft is prepared in complete form.
- Provide technical support and expertise to the internal project team.
- Maintain Customer focus involving close working relationships with the client and working partners.
- Manage variation costing and control with Contracts Manager and main contractor.
- Responsible for handover to client and after care.
- Ensure full / detailed records are maintained, further ensuring that reports and test / inspection data is collated on a rolling basis.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in related engineering subject
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of construction, installation and commissioning sequences and practice.
- Knowledge of process operation, statutory compliance, and reporting processes.
- Proficient knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Confident and well organised.
- Results driven.
- High level of communication, control, organising, motivational and management skills.
- Proactive and committed.
- Collaborative and team oriented, able to delegate comfortably.
- Able to lead by example and demonstrate trust in the team.
- Adaptable to change.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.