JA1066 – Senior Project Professional – Integrated Combat Systems – Dreadnought Systems
Location – Frimley – Hybrid Working
Salary – £42000 – £52000 DOE
Hours – 37/week with paid OT
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager/Senior Project Professional – Integrated Combat Systems – Dreadnought Systems Engineering at our client’s site in Frimley.
As a Senior Project Professional – Integrated Combat Systems – Dreadnought Systems Engineering, you will be overseeing team of 45 multi-disciplinary engineers across 8 teams supporting high-level systems engineering projects for IntCS on Dreadnought.
This role will provide you with exposure to complex technology programme working on the newest class of submarine (Dreadnought).
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of the day-to-day project management of the Dreadnought Systems Engineering team and its activities to specify, design, test and deliver submarine combat systems.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the projects are fully defined to ensure customer requirements are achieved in accordance with all business and commercial criteria
- Developing and maintaining coherent, fully integrated, and workable work package plans and budgets. Developing resource plans and liaise with all stakeholder functions
- Developing accurate estimates in support of bids, annual budgets, or cost to completion, and analyse “spend to date” data
- Leading, control and monitor work packages so that they are delivered to agreed time, cost, and quality requirements, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and where necessary, intervening to resolve issues which threaten delivery to plan
- Leading and managing production of various progress reports i.e., contract status, risk, MoD visibility reports etc. using appropriate tools such as EVM
Skills & Qualifications:
- University Degree, or a substantial amount of practical knowledge gained through experience.
- Proven track record of developing customer affinity and maintaining excellent customer relations
- Experience of delivering projects / bids within tight timescales in a high-pressure environment.
- Using project management techniques, to enable early identification of problems and implementation of mitigation actions
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan that embraces all elements of the project
- A formal project management qualification (e.g., APMP, PMQ, PMP or Prince 2)
Our client’s employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.