DC385 – Project Manager
Location – Mansfield / Hybrid Working
Salary – £38,835 to £43,150
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Project Manager to join their team in Mansfield. The Project Manager will join the client’s Environment Department that is responsible for addressing the issues of water pollution at various sites across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 75 existing site water treatment schemes.
Our client encourages applicants from anywhere in the UK – as long as you’re able to be in the Mansfield office for a minimum of 1 to 2 days a week and attend regular team meetings in person, a hybrid working model is embraced as much as possible.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and the successful candidate must pass basic security checks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Joining the Projects team and helping to manage a portfolio of varied projects to remediate contaminated water from a wide range of sites through the development of new schemes as well as the refurbish existing assets.
- Typically leading and managing a number of projects, being responsible for delivering to agreed budgets and milestones.
- Working closely with our technical, operations, innovations and R&D teams to find the best solutions and maximise commercial opportunities for each scheme.
- Preparing project investment papers to obtain funding.
- Managing stakeholders and statutory bodies to obtain consents and permissions.
- Developing and coaching Assistant Project Manager roles.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent together with corporate membership of a relevant professional body [highly desirable].
- Relevant Project Management qualification.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience in the water sector.
- Experience of identifying and developing solutions for sometimes constrained and complex water remediation projects.
- Experience of developing new build projects from conception through to tender stage.
- Experience of developing and delivering refurbishment of existing assets.
- Experience of significant civil engineering and earth moving projects [desirable].
- A relevant qualification (or working towards) for your area of expertise or able to demonstrate relevant suitable experience.
- Proven record of delivering programmes or complex projects from conception to construction by identifying and mitigating constraints to development.
- Experience of managing consultants and contractors through the NEC suite of contracts.
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload and multiple projects.
- Excellent budget, programme and risk management skills.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal skills, time management, and self-motivation.
- An open mind to find innovative solutions.
- Commercial acumen and client management skills.
- The ability to work with other teams to deliver projects.
- Liaison, negotiation, and public presentation skills.
- Report writing skills.
In return our client offers:
- A salary of £38,835 to £43,150
- 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time).
- An option to work in a hybrid way.
- A great pension scheme.
- Generous gym membership contribution.
- Support for professional membership.