JA904 – Project Manager
Location – Manchester
Salary – £Competitive + Car allowance
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with Mechanical or Building Services Engineering experience to join our client’s team in Manchester. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and deliver complex multi-discipline projects successfully, providing engineering expertise to all projects and providing technical assistance to in house and sub-contract labour.
Aims and Objectives
- To lead and deliver successful projects as part of the company operational delivery team, on time and within budget.
- Provide technical expertise and lead the project team and develop and maintain a productive efficient working relationship.
- To build on existing client relationships and form new.
- Ensure compliance to all Group policies and procedures. Liaise closely with the Project, Commercial, Engineering/Design and Estimating teams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Managing projects from inception to completion.
- Manage multiple projects as required.
- Develop and implement project schedules.
- Review, sign-off and implement project Quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement project EHS Management plans.
- Management and motivation of project teams.
- Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
- Attend meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance at client / project management internal and external meetings.
- Lead by example and mentor younger engineers.
- Review all project documents.
- Procure all plant. Labour and materials.
- Procure all sub-contract packages.
- Review and drive the commissioning process.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and suppliers to avoid project delays and cost implications.
- Produce project programmes.
- Provide monthly project reports for the contract’s manager.
- Review all H&S documentation in line with current Company procedures and legislation.
- Be commercially aware and report on all commercial aspects of the project.
- Review and monitor progress against the project programme.
- Provide information to the client, contractors, ops team and end user.
- To be able to review all technical and contractual information and record review comments.
- Ongoing liaison with design teams and project teams to ensure efficient project performance.
- Consider cost, safety and time constraints on all projects.
- Produce procurement documentation.
- Assist in design and estimations as and when required to maximise all commercial opportunities.
- Carry out surveys and produce reports if required.
- Offer alternative engineering solutions to overcome project obstacles.
- Offer value engineering alternatives.
- Other duties as required by the Contracts Manager.
- Ensure that the production of Hazard Identification and risk assessments are carried out in the early stages of the design process and updated as the project progresses.
- Review risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments as required together with the site manager and manage amendments as required to ensure quality and comprehensiveness.
- Carry out regular site safety audits and report on observations to the Company management.
- Chair meetings with the project team regularly to discuss planning and progress and agree programme requirements.
- Ensure the project is competed to the agreed timescales and manage risk when programme extensions are required.
- Report progress of the project to the Client, and to the management team during Project Reviews.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified to at least HNC/D level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering and will possess:
- Experience in managing turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, microelectronics and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and clean-rooms.
- Technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electric