MM617 – Production Operatives
Location – Nottingham
Rate – £9.25 reviewed after 3 month probationary period
Hours – 7 am to 4 pm with regular overtime paid at time and half
First Military recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a 6 Production Operatives to join their growing manufacturing team in Nottingham. Our client is one of the UK’s leading work surface manufacturers. They are a busy, vibrant company who have worked throughout the pandemic with no redundancies and are continually expanding.
- Working in the manufacturing facility moving, handling and machining worktops
- Operating a number of machines
- All machinery and tools are used and maintained in the correct manner. Ensure defects and missing tools are reported immediately.
- Achieve targets set.
- All production is carried out to specification and as requested.
- Ensure accurate completion of production paperwork for submission as necessary.
- Ensure the production line is running at full potential and is free flowing, dealing appropriately with interruptions in work tasks.
- Make efficient decisions regarding material and machinery issues.
- Communicate with colleagues and management team to ensure problems are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Ensure you comply with company procedures and policies at all times.
- Co-operate with the company in ensuring all health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Adopt safe methods of work and ensure compliance with general housekeeping and safe systems of work.
- Follow quality standards set and monitor rejects as required. Participate in and continually improve quality standards.
- Provide cover elsewhere on the shop floor where necessary.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and move heavy worktops
- Ideally will have worked in a woodworking environment
- Must be flexible to work regular overtime
In return our client offers
- Salary of £9.25/hr basic plus regular overtime paid at time and half
- Regular reviews of pay rate
- 28 days holidays
- Christmas Shutdown
- Stability and security in an established business
- A company who will invest in training and development