MS340 – Production Operative
Salary: £28,158 per annum
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Production Operative.
Hours for this role are averaged at 42 hours per week and the working pattern is based on 12-hour shifts rotating across a continental shift pattern which includes days / nights and weekends within a 4-week cycle.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Production Operative:
- Ensure the safe and compliant manufacture of products under the management of the Shift Manager.
- Carry out production and processing activities by operating, monitoring and managing process and packaging machinery, including required production checking in line with Company SOPs and GMP.
- Conduct audits, defined sampling and testing routines and undertake relevant checks.
- Ensure effective handover at the start and end of every shift.
- Health & Safety duties, including the reporting of all accidents and hazards, performing tasks in a safe manner according to Risk Assessments, SOP’s and formalised training and wearing appropriate PPE.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of/ability to operate process machinery within strict processing guidelines whilst complying with food safety requirements.
- Previous experience gained within a food manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work within time constraints and prioritise/manage own workload to ensure that targets are achieved in this fast-moving environment which is subject to change.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work in a cross functional role.
- A proactive, flexible approach to work and a high level of accuracy and commitment.
- 8% pension contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Excellent pay rates.