AR370 – Production Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Production Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
As a Production Engineer you work as part of a small team of engineers to support the production of electronic assemblies. This will include responding to queries, documentation, customer communication and design and commissioning of lean manufacturing cells.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support to the Production department with technical queries and machine breakdowns as they arise – be available and responsive to internal customers
- Implementation of lean manufacturing in assembly processes
- Compliance with the ISO9001 Management System to ensure the proper manufacture and quality of products
- Creation and signoff of production assembly documents in line with agreed processes
- Maintenance of document control on the production floor
- Creation of jigs and fixtures using dedicated machinery to aid assembly processes in the production department
- Ensure customer data is controlled and processed as per ECN, permit and concession processes
- Communicate with customers to resolve any build issues
- Implement equipment control calibration and labelling processes
- Take responsibility for unlabelled or free issue parts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience working as a Production Engineer in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5+ years’ experience as a Production Engineer in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Background in Mechanical Engineering