Principle Electrical Technician (Nights)
EY121 Principal Electrical Technician (Night shift, 4 on 4 off)
Salary: £47,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Principal Electrical Technician.
The Principal Electrical Technician is responsible for leading a team of in-house engineers to proactively carry out the designated tasks and duties associated with the position in a safe & efficient manner.
In addition, this role will supervise and manage external contractors as and when required.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Principal Electrical Technician:
- To supervise the welfare of a dedicated team of in-house engineers who will cover various associated duties, days and nights.
- Plan, manage and execute the day-to-day operation of the team during the relevant shift.
- Ensure that all work is in line with industry best practice adhering to relevant Health and Safety Regulations and any other legal requirements.
- To report all behavioural, security or H&S issues to the Senior Management Team.
- To control, monitor and prioritise all work schedules, in accordance with the FM (PlanOn) system procedures ensuring the section meet the department wide KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Deliver improvements to work scheduling by working closely with Facilities Help Desk Team and implementing change where required.
- Monitor and report on all levels of output relating to external contractors and in-house engineers.
- Implement necessary team meetings and contractor meetings, as deemed necessary.
- To keep within budgetary constraints with regards to works costs and timescales for both in-house and external contractors.
- To manage, monitor and continually develop own knowledge and that of the Team in line with industry best practice.
- Implement performance reviews for the team as required and in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that the Team provides 24/7 365 days a year cover for the business.
- Provide support for the wider engineering team.
- To give technical support and complete ad-hoc works as required by the Engineering Management Team.
- Assist the management team in decision making regarding in sourcing specific project tasks.
- To identify energy saving opportunities and lead on their implementation.
- Help deliver and review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for the engineering department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good PC literacy (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good attention to detail which will be evident through paperwork completed, organisation of department and sufficient stock levels.
- Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to company values.
- Ability to perform duties effectively with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Quick response to failure is essential.
- An ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Advise the business on the best way to input maintenance and modernisation programmes.
- Monitor and report on contractors.
- Must be a team player and can motivate team members.
- Deliver first class service standards.
Salary: £47,000 DOE