Principal Structural Engineer
DC369 – Principal Structural Engineer
Location – Plymouth
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Principal Structural Engineer to join their Plymouth office.
The Principal Structural Engineer will be responsible for the preparation, issue, and management of technical project information, including calculations and drawing information, in accordance with the standard requirements of the Company. They will also be responsible for the technical, financial, and managerial aspects of complete projects, as directed by their line manager, and will maintain high standards of information presentation and to ensure their accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for leading structural engineering projects.
- Engage with clients to define requirements, present proposals, discuss project progress and undertake presentation of project results.
- Contribute to business development.
- Effectively control commercial, managerial, and technical aspects of projects or parts thereof for which you are responsible.
- Undertake, or lead a team of engineers and technicians in undertaking, technically challenging projects without supervision within prescribed programme and cost constraints.
- Co-ordinate project delivery with internal and external clients.
- Undertake structural engineering projects, by performing analyses and calculations as appropriate, along with preparing design reports for client submission without supervision.
- Supervise work undertaken by others, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget.
- Have a desire to learn new skills and the ability to consider the wider engineering issues related to the analyses being undertaken.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- Chartered status with IStructE or ICE.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of projects for clients, or the ability to demonstrate significant contribution towards project delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in Development Infrastructure projects.
- Ability to deliver design solutions, lead teams, and successfully manage projects.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction contracts and high commercial awareness.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- Other benefits.