Principal PMO Manager
DC385 – Principal PMO Manager
Location – Mansfield / Hybrid Working
Salary – £45,933 to £50,526
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Programme Management Office (PMO) Manager to join their team in Mansfield. The Principal PMO Manager is a varied and challenging role which shapes the delivery of a wide range of programmes and projects across our client’s interests.
Our client encourages applicants from anywhere in the UK – as long as you’re able to be in the Mansfield office for a minimum of 1 to 2 days a week and attend regular team meetings in person, a hybrid working model is embraced as much as possible.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and the successful candidate must pass basic security checks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of PMO professionals to provide assurance and support to a diverse range of programmes.
- Acting as critical friend and a source of knowledge on the management and best practice for programme set ups, management, and reporting.
- Provides accountability and assurance to senior leaders and Sponsors on the delivery of Projects and Programmes.
- Co-ordinates capacity planning activity across all corporate Projects and Programmes.
- Leads a Community of Practice group to highlight and implement continuous iterative improvement in the delivery of Projects and Programmes.
- Provides assurance to numerous Project and Programme Boards.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to Degree level or with equivalent experience.
- APMP or equivalent.
- MSP Practitioner or equivalent experience.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of OGC best practice models MoP, MoR, P3O, MoV and P3M3.
- APM/PMI Membership [desirable].
- MoR Practitioner [desirable].
- MoV Practitioner [desirable].
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile delivery [desirable].
- Sound knowledge of project and programme management principals.
- A good understanding of what ‘excellent’ looks like from a PMO and an ability to embed best practice with enthusiasm.
- The ability to coach and develop the PMO team, leading from the front to ensure the team meets its departmental targets and individuals are able to develop.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to work with a variety of stakeholders adapting your communication and work style to effectively support the working practices of different programmes and departments,
- A genuine passion for all things PMO, including providing a Centre of Excellence and leading a Community of Practice ensuring continuous improvement of the Project Delivery and Assurance community.
- Works to continuously improve the maturity of the PMO for our client.
In return our client offers:
- A salary of £45,933 to £50,526.
- 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time).
- An option to work in a hybrid way.
- A great pension scheme.
- Generous gym membership contribution.
- Support for professional membership.