Plumbing Lecturer (Temp)
OB27 – Plumbing Lecturer (Temp)
Salary: £25,006 – £34,697 DOE + Benefits
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Plumbing Lecturer on behalf of one of our clients.
To provide high quality teaching and access to learning in addition to undertaking associated tutorial duties. It is expected that the post holder will contribute to course design, development of programmes and the expansion of the area generally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality teaching and learning to a timetable that may include evenings, Saturdays and summer periods.
- Deliver inspirational teaching and access to learning across a range of programmes and to learners with a range of ages and abilities.
- Provide teaching and assessment opportunities in line with the relevant awarding body requirements to promote access to achievement.
- Develop and maintain teaching materials including handouts, assignments, booklists, assessment papers and electronic resources.
- Prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment.
- Undertake the necessary administrative tasks required for the effective operation of programmes in the area.
- Carry out moderation/assessment and verification.
- Work with colleagues to integrate Functional Skills into the vocational curriculum.
- Act as a course tutor with responsibility for supporting learners in achieving their targets.
- Track and review student progress and maintain student records.
- Provide feedback on progress to the students, parents/guardians, and employers.
- Arrange and support the work placement programme.
- Assist in recruitment and admission of new students.
- Attend both internal and external promotional events to publicise College and Faculty activities as directed by the Head of Faculty.
- Contribute to the compilation of publicity materials.
- Participate in course team reviews and evaluation.
- Respond to curriculum development and new course initiatives.
- Advise on resource requirements for effective implementation of programmes.
- Liaise with Awarding Body representatives e.g. External Verifiers/ Moderators.
- Develop industrial links with other professionals within the industry.
- Maintain personal research or professional practice in own specialist area for own personal professional development.
- Familiarise yourself with and adhere to college procedures.
- Undertake training as necessary to gain Teaching and Assessing qualifications.
- Participate in the annual college training and development events to maintain up to date knowledge.
- Undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities as appropriate to the post.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with the grade, at the initial place of work or at any other College site, as agreed with the Head of Faculty.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of the post, the post holder is required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure check deemed acceptable to the College and to be re-checked every 4 years.
- Plumbing/Heating & Ventilation qualifications to at least Advanced Craft/NVQ level 3.
- Gas CCN1, HTR1, CKR1, Met1, CEN/WAT.
- Substantial, recent and relevant industrial experience.
- Recent training, instructing or lecturing experience.
- Evenings and Weekend work may be required.
- Must be prepared and able to travel independently to other centres operated or staffed by the College.
- Must be prepared to participate in training in own time for college sponsored programmes, e.g. Teacher training.
- Current Health & safety knowledge for the industry.
- Knowledge of the current plumbing qualifications.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Good organisational skills able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to motivate people of all ages and abilities.
- Ability to cultivate good working relationships with colleagues and work as part of a team.
- High levels of I.T. skills with the ability to create teaching resources.
- Able to effectively deal with negative and challenging behaviours displayed by others.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable Adu