JA772 – Plumber/HVAC Engineer
Location – Culham, Oxfordshire
Salary – Up to £32,500 DOE
Hours of works – 08:00 – 16:30, Monday to Friday with a half hour lunch break. There will be the opportunity of overtime at an enhanced rate.
We are currently recruiting for a Plumber qualified to a minimum of Level 3 with experience of working on HVAC systems or an HVAC Engineer with good plumbing skills to join our client’s maintenance team. The successful candidate will be required to gain DBS security clearance and work as part of the site-based team, carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and supporting other engineers. TO gain Security Clearance (SC) you require to have 5 years continuous checkable UK work history.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a high-quality support and service to the client and site users.
- Ensure all works carried out in compliance with all legislative and company policies.
- Achieve customer satisfaction within agreed service levels of the Client
- Manage personal workloads to ensure maximum productivity
- Endeavour to achieve Reactive targets.
- Actively integrate and encourage ownership within the team
- Continually review workload, focus on project management from enquiry to completion, with Individual development.
- Pro-actively promote the Company Brand across the estate
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To work as part of the Site Team, supplying plumbing and response engineering services to the clients.
- Ensure that all works are effective executed in line with SPIE Company policies and procedures, which include, but are not limited to:
- Health and Safety and Quality Assurance
- Commercial / Financial
- Human Resources.
- To carry out Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirement.
- To provide detailed reporting via the tablet to include, but not limited to predictive times for remedial and chargeable works, and life cycle condition reporting.
- To provide a high level of technical and hands on support in the provision of our service delivery and the daily communication with the on-site management team
- To carry out all works in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of plumbing & heating systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- Must be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of the clients.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- City & Guilds 6129 – Basic Plumbing – Vocational Pts 2 & 3 / City & Guilds 6089 – NVQ Levels 2 & 3
- Experience of working on all types of HVAC systems
- Security Clearance
- Plumbing qualified with additional fabric knowledge
- Specialist knowledge/training e.g. Working at Heights, IPAF, PASMA, Scaffolding
- Health and Safety Training