MM579 – Plant Operator
Location – Bubbenhall
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working with our client to recruit a Plant Operator. The Plant Operator will operate and drive site mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring all vehicles are loaded safely and efficiently and meet and exceed team objectives while providing a high level of customer service at all times.
- Operate mobile plant in a landfill site in a safe and efficient manner.
- To ensure that machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and
- company procedures.
- Keep tidy all stores and monitor fuel, oil, anti-freeze and site water levels.
- Assist in other site duties such as litter picking, grass cutting, diesel checks etc
- Provide weekend cover on a rotational basis for site operations and weighbridge duties.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery.
- Report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
The successful candidate:
- Must have some experience working with Forklift or mobile plant (full training will be provided for all the mobile plant)
- Ideally you will have help certification for either forklift or plant and consideration will be given to candidates who have no certification
- Demonstrable skills in achieving demanding work requirements.
- Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week
- Work Pattern: Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Rotational Saturday mornings 7.30 am to 11 am paid at Time and half
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- 20 days annual leave
- plus other benefits