Location : Bubbenhall, Warwickshire, England
Job Ref : DC255
Consultant : David Crompton
Sector : EW
Salary : £15 per hour
DC255 – Plant Operative
Location – Bubbenhall, Coventry
Salary – £15 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate mobile plant in a landfill site in a safe and efficient manner.
- To ensure that machinery is always serviceable by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and Company procedures.
- Keep tidy all stores and monitor fuel, oil, anti-freeze and site water levels.
- Assist in other site duties such as litter picking, grass cutting, diesel checks etc.
- Provide weekend cover on a rotational basis for site operations and weighbridge duties.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the machinery.
- Report any faults or defects for repair, in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have some experience working with loading shovel and/or telehandler and/or agricultural tractor, or equivalent mobile plant machinery – consideration will be given to good candidates who have no certification.
- Demonstrable skills in achieving demanding work requirements.
- Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week.
- Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4.30pm.
- Rotational Saturday mornings: 7.30am to 11.30am (paid at time-and-a-half).