MS183 – Plant Fitter
Salary: £15 – £17 per hour
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a full time Plant Fitter on behalf of one of our clients.
Our client is a construction plant hire company and the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. They have supplied non-operated plant and equipment hire services to customers in construction, civil engineering and road maintenance for 50 years. Due to continued growth and new business they have opportunities available for qualified Plant Fitters both Workshop and Mobile.
You will be working around 40 hours per week. This role is Monday – Friday, roughly 8am – 4:30pm.
You will be reporting to Workshop Supervisor the main purpose of the role is to service and repair plant equipment and vehicles in accordance with Company and Manufacturers Service Schedules.
This role would be ideal for an ex-military candidate, however all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all relevant pre-hire checks and complete related paperwork.
- Carry out scheduled Service Inspections and servicing and repairs in compliance with manufacturers specifications.
- Carry out all tasks in compliance with the Company’s Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures.
- The successful candidate will be suitably qualified, and have experience of plant and equipment associated with the Company business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven qualifications and experience as a Plant Fitter.
- A valid driving licence.
- Able to work as part of a Team.
- Flexible, keen to embrace new training opportunities, which may on occasion require staying away.
- Customer Service focused.
- NVQ Plant Maintenance (desirable).