FC80 – Pig Stockperson
Location – Melton Mowbray
Salary – £25,000 to £28,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a lone working Pig Stockperson for their site in Melton Mowbray.
The Pig Stockperson will be working at and looking after the client’s new indoor unit. The successful candidate must have a level of independence and self-reliance as they will be on their own each day with minimal supervision (once training has been completed) so being a self-motivated, self-starter is a must. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join a growing business with a bright future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management responsibilities of the unit.
- Working with pigs to ensure their health and wellbeing, including feeding, moving and handling the pigs.
- Ensuring animal welfare standards are met.
- Maintaining the condition and appearance of the farm.
- Operating farm machinery.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with livestock or an agricultural background.
- Due to the rural location your own transport is necessary.
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work alone.
In Return Our Client Offers:
- Competitive salary starting at £25,000 and rising to circa £28,000 depending on aptitude, willingness to learn and a desire to complete all daily/weekly tasks effectively.
- You will be provided both on and off farm training, increasing your knowledge and experience in all areas of pig farming.
- 30 days annual leave.
- A shift pattern of Monday to Friday with alternate weekend work.
- Access to the company discounts platform.
- Enrolment onto company pension scheme (for over 22’s).
- Enhanced maternity/adoption pay and paternity pay after 2 years’ service.
- Option to join the company’s discounted share scheme.
- Death in service insurance.